The Sangean PR D7 is a portable little powerhouse. It is an AM/FM radio that doubles as a radio and alarm clock. Weighing just over a pound (574g) it is easily transportable and can be used in a number of places both in the house and at different places of employment.
Below you will find the general product overview, following by specific product details. Lastly, standout features, pros and cons, and a summary of customer reviews will round out this review. Without a doubt, based on the details and reviews, this is one of the better options available for portable radios.
About Sangean PR D7
As far as portable radios are concerned this model is one of the best. The dimensions and light weight make it easy to transport while providing a sound quality that is surprisingly good for such a small radio. It comes with 10 preset channels (5 AM, 5 FM) and can also double as an alarm clock.
Adding to the general portability, this radio works with an AC adapter (power cord) and 6 AA batteries. Additionally, it can use rechargeable batteries for even longer wireless playtime. Taking the standout features into consideration, it is easy to use this radio for pretty much everything. It works in the bedroom – especially with the built-in alarm clock – but can also be used in places such as the kitchen or bathroom. It would work for office settings and it can also be easily taken to different job sites by contract workers.
- Bluetooth version: n/a
- Internal storage: 1 preset stations (5FM, 5AM)
- Power source: 6, AA batteries or AC adapter
- Waterproof: No
- Warranty: Can be requested from customer service
- Radio color options: 2 (black or white)
- Handle or case: No
- LCD digital display color: Orange
- LCD digital display dimensions: 3.19 x 0.83in / 81 x 21mm
- Product dimensions: 8.46 x 5.47 x 1.57in / 215x116x40mm
- Product weight: (1lb. 4.2oz) / 574g
- Speaker also doubles as an alarm clock that can be set for a radio station wakeup, or the standard buzz; it also includes a snooze setting
- Unlike other models and speakers, this comes with a battery power indicator to alert you when the batteries are running low
- Built-in antennae to ensure the best reception for both AM and FM stations
- Speaker can save up to 10 channels for fast, convenient listening enjoyment
- Works with rechargeable batteries for a longer wireless playtime
- Includes a headphone jack which is not as common in radio players
Pros & Cons of Sangean PR D7
What People Say of Sangean PR D7
Overall, this portable speaker received glowing reviews. First and foremost it is recommended for its reception quality and sound clarity. Depending on the area and reception, customers who used this for both AM and FM stations provided glowing reviews. The Sangean PR D7 is great for talk radio stations and the built-in antennae truly makes a difference in quality. Additionally it is one of the easiest to transport which further adds to the versatility of this speaker.
Not unlike most great products, there were reviews that offered potential buyers cautions. A number of reviews cautioned that the charging ability of the radio was pretty weak and over an average period of a year (give or take) the batteries would not recharge, or the speaker would only take batteries and the AC cable would die. Additionally, customers noted the fact that this speaker doesn’t come with a handle which was for many one of the few reasons they did not provide a 5-star review.
While the Sangean PR D7 may have a few quirks to accommodate it is a great, sturdy speaker overall. The sound quality and general lightness of this model make up for the lack of a handle and also compensate for a smaller LCD digital display screen. In the end, this is a radio first and alarm clock second and it works quite well for what its intended use. If you have any input on this model your feedback is welcome – both for current Sangean PR D7 speaker owners and future buyers.
Check out similar posts: