Finding a portable speaker that checks all of your boxes in addition to looking sleek and playing music well can sometimes feel impossible. Luckily, the Photive M90 is an excellent portable speaker that is portable, Bluetooth compatible, wireless, and waterproof. It’s perfect for outdoor activities and the sound quality makes it a good choice for indoor entertaining too.
This product review will cover the basics of the speaker and provide a list of the key details (play time, dimensions, sound power, etc). After this, the standout features will be highlighted along with the overall pros and cons of this model. Lastly, a summary of customer reviews will help give an honest summary of this top model.
About Photive M90
Whether you are looking for a portable speaker to play music indoors for a party you are hosting, or if you are at the beach and want to relax to your favorite tunes, this Photive model is the best way to go. Not only is this speaker easily portable due to a handle, it weighs just 2lbs (907g) and is less than a foot long.
In addition to being nice and portable, the speaker itself is waterproof. This makes it especially ideal for outdoor use where water is involved (e.g. beach, pool, etc). The Bluetooth range is a nice average distance of 33 feet (10 meters) and the battery has a nice 10 hours of life before it needs to be charged.
Purchase of a brand-new model includes the speaker, a micro USB cable, a 3.5mm aux cable, the user manual and 1-year parts & labor warranty.
- Bluetooth Version: 2.1
- Play Time: 10 hours
- Charge Time: 6 hours for a full charge
- Connection Distance: 33 feet / 10 meters
- Internal Storage: No
- Aux Cable: 3.5mm
- App: Not at this time
- Waterproof: Yes
- Sound Power: 20 watts
- Product Warranty: 1-year parts & labor warranty on new speakers
- Case/Pouch: No, but the speaker does have a nice handle
- Product Weight: 32 oz (2lbs) / 907.18g
- Product Dimensions: 11×3.5x6in / 27.94 x 8.89 x 15.24cm
- Included in New Purchase: Speaker, Micro USB Cable, 3.5mm aux cable, warranty, user guide
- IPX5 water resistant allows for exposure and submersion for up to 9 feet (3 meters) and is also protected against water from a hose or jet stream
- Built-in shock absorbers to offset the bass and keep the speaker from bouncing around
- Amplifiers lower and higher bass frequencies via stereo sound and a passive subwoofer to enhance the listening experience
- Speaker comes with a handle for easy transportation
- This model comes with a built-in screw mount on the bottom so the entire speaker can be mounted on a tripod
PROs AND CONs OF PHOTIVE M90
What People Say of Photive M90
Customers consistently praised the quality of the sound in addition to the ease of use when it came to connecting and using the Bluetooth feature. You can also easily transport it to and from places thanks to the handle, small size, and lightweight. The finish is nice and professional, allowing it to easily blend in and customers also frequently noted their surprise in regards to how high-end the speaker was compared to the low cost they paid for this model.
The main thing that came up consistently in the more negative customer reviews is the Bluetooth connectivity. Unfortunately, being that this speaker uses the 2.1 version of Bluetooth, it sometimes falls out of connection or there will be times there is a more prominent lag. However, the sound quality still surpasses this hiccup and future versions of this model will most likely come with advanced Bluetooth technology that will address this issue and keep this model among the top options for portable speakers.
Overall the stunning sound quality of the Photive M90 is one of the best features. It works for any and all events due to the wide sound range, decent Bluetooth connectivity, and range, as well as the IXP5 waterproof feature. Whether you are looking for an in-office, outdoor party, or a basement that needs some extra bass, this speaker is by far one of the best options available for you.
Check out similar posts: