This article looks at one of the best portable speakers available: the JBL Clip 2. After a brief product overview, followed by official specifications, there will be stand out features of this portable speaker. Lastly, the pros and cons will be carefully weighed prior to summarizing the overall customer reviews to help you make the best choice for your listening pleasure.
We put this together because in today’s world nearly everything digital is portable. In order to provide the best listening experience, speakers are more portable than ever. But how do you know which one is good?
About JBL Clip 2:
The JBL Clip 2 is a small little thing – not even 6in in diameter – but that doesn’t stop it from being one of the best portable speakers you can find. It is waterproof, rechargeable and comes with a clip that makes it one of the easiest speakers to transport. It comes in 8 different colors and has an impressive battery playtime of 8 hours.
In addition to having a battery, it can also play via a standard auxiliary cable. If that wasn’t enough for this small speaker weighing less than ½ a pound, it also comes with a built-in mic for speakerphone connectivity.
When you consider the lightweight nature of this speaker, in addition to how small it is and how long it can last away from a power source, this is an ideal model for those who travel – especially intrepid travelers who are outside in the elements more often than not.
- Bluetooth version: 4.2
- Playtime: 8 Hrs
- Internal storage: no
- Waterproof: Yes
- Rechargeable: Yes
- Microphone: Yes
- Pairs with Other Devices: Yes
- Case: No
- Handle: Yes (A sturdy, metal clip)
- Product dimensions: 3.7 x 1.6 x 5.5 in / 9.4 x 4.1 x 13.8cm
- Product weight: 6.6oz (.41lbs) / 187.1g
- Waterproof with IPX7 rating ensures that when this JBL Clip comes in contact with water it won’t immediately break – can even be submerged for brief periods of time
- Heavy-duty clip allows for easy, drop-free transportation
- 8 color selections available in order to match a variety of personal styles and preferences
- Built-in mic works great when a phone is connected on speakerphone
- Rechargeable with a battery life of up to 8 hours
- Charges in just 2.5 hours
- Wired connection can be done with the standard 3.5mm audio cable
- Package comes with USB charger, the clip, the speaker, and a warranty card
- Weighs less than ½ a pound
- Decent bass comes through for music streaming
Pros & Cons:
What People Say of JBL Clip 2
Overall, across multiple websites, this JBL Clip 2 speaker is highly praised. The key points that the reviews tend to focus on are overall sound quality, durability, and how truly portable this speaker is. Despite being so tiny the bass quality is decent and the sound is clear. Multiple customer reviews referenced dropping this unit or having it get wet and it had no negative impact on the speaker. Additionally, the clip makes it quite easy to transport.
For all of the positive reviews and engaging features of this speaker, there are a few things that unfortunately didn’t work for all customers. Reviews do caution that the Bluetooth pairing is not always easy or consistent across devices. Additionally, some review touched on the lack of depth in sound quality, poor customer service, and devices that died in less than a year. Overall though, the performance outshines the poor reviews and the unique features make this speaker one of the best.
The JBL Clip 2 sets the bar high for its competitors. For all of the advanced features and unique perks, it stays tiny, transportable, and durable. This speaker is truly one of the best options available for portable speakers and is ideal for adventurers and relaxers alike. Any additional insight regarding this product is more than welcome – feel free to share your feedback about this speaker and how it worked (or perhaps didn’t) for you and why.
Check out similar posts: